An expert on parent-child relationships and author of the book “Parental Alienation Syndrome: Breaking the Ties that Bind” testified in New Haven court according to The New Haven Register on September 12,2012. Here are some of the signs that you or someone you love is being alienated from their children:
- constant negative comments by the parent about the other one;
- exaggerating or manufacturing that parent’s flaws;
- telling the kids lies such as the other parent is “unsafe, unloving and unavailable”;
- not allowing photos of the parent in the house; not allowing the parent to be talked about
- and withholding from that parent information on the kids’ sports activities and
other aspects of their lives.